Are you interested in a dynamic career with Women’s Refuge?
We accept people in paid and volunteer positions in our organisation. Some progress from being volunteers into paid positions, while some are happy to remain as volunteers. Learn more about volunteering at Women’s Refuge.
Each refuge has their own criteria for how to apply for a paid or unpaid role and whom they accept. It’s best to ask your local refuge what these criteria are. We respect the many skills women develop in their lives regardless of whether this is as a mother, home-maker, administrator, professional, social worker, or a survivor of abuse. We provide training to assist you in learning about our work.
We welcome applications from Māori and non-Māori in line with our strong commitment to both the principles of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi Treaty of Waitangi and parallel development.
We are also fully committed to the importance of Equal Employment Opportunities.
Please note you must be living in New Zealand – and qualify to work in New Zealand – to apply for a position at Women’s Refuge.
Learn more about our values.
Women’s Refuge Advocate Position (Taumaranui Women’s Refuge)
Are you passionate about the wellbeing and safety of wahine and their tamariki?
If so, we have a vacancy for an advocate in our dedicated team working with wahine and tamariki who experience domestic violence.
If you possess the following attributes then we would like to hear from you:
- Relevant experience working with wahine and tamariki in a related field
- Understanding of and a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Clear analysis of domestic violence and understanding of a feminist philosophy
- Must also be able to be rostered for on call advocacy after hours
- Clear professional boundaries
- Non-judgemental manner
- Good listener
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent computer literacy, oral and written communication skills
- Living violence free for a minimum of two years
- Highly motivated team player
- Full clean drivers licence
- This position is subject to a Police check
Please email email@example.com or ring 07 896 7869 for an application form, once completed please return this with a cover letter and your CV.
Applications close Friday 24 February 2017